1. Always try re-booting your machine.
2. If the computer does not power up check the fuses in the power cords of PC and Monitor.
3. For Internet problems - Turn off the modem / router for 2 minuets & switch power back on.
4. If your PC / Laptop came with a recovery disc then this may solve the problem.
5. Always BACK UP ALL YOUR DATA FIRST before using recovery software!
6. Refer to your PC/ Laptop's user manual (problem solving is usually at the back).
7. Make sure there are no CD's / DVD's in the drive before booting.
8. Remove all external hard drives / picture cards / portable storage devices before booting.
9. Make sure you system clock & date are correct.
10. Run a virus and spyware scan.
11. Try Starting the computer in safe mode (tap F8 whilst booting).
CPR COMPUTER REPAIR - Covering Surrey, Including - Camberley, Chertsey, Chobham, Egham, Esher, Farnham, Frimley, Godalming, Guildford, Staines, Weybridge, Woking